#introduction post for 2020
- In northern California, have lived in CA most of my life
- Turned 42 this year
- 2 divorces, but I'm now in a wonderful relationship
- Have 4 cats (and trying to steal my partner's dog)
- Work full time as a lead for a technical writing team
- Enjoy reading fantasy/sci fi
- Trying to get back into archery
- I do the gameing thing
- I go by Rin
- I post in spurts, mostly I lurk
- I like crafting (mostly counted cross stitch, but I dabble in a lot of things - crochet is my current obsession)
- I'm a very picky eater.
- I think flamingos are pretty rad.
- I say things like "pretty rad."
- I check the female box on forms, but it doesn't really matter to me
- Sexuality is yes (self-identify as bi back from the days before pan was a thing)
- I have some mental health issues that I talk about occasionally, but I use CW as often as I can. (Depression and anxiety mostly.)
Hi I'm Rhys! I'm a low/no income trans-nonbinary artist in Texas in my 30s.
⭐ I do commissions! You can purchase one here: http://ko-fi.com/bugpaws/commissions
if Paypal is not an option, DM me letting me know which you'd like. I also accept Venmo and Cashapp.
⭐ I have an Etsy shop! https://www.etsy.com/shop/cosmicstarwipe
⭐ I run a Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/xenocat
and I accept tips/donations at https://ko-fi.com/bugpaws
Confirmed: I suck ass at recognizing faces.
@wigglytuffitout Based on your posting history, this Facebook ad for a lamp may be relevant to your interests.
(Not going to lie, part of me wants one.)
ok i am definitely just smuggling memes out from imgur for a bit but if you can crochet tiny things, check out.... the birbs
birbs undercover as pigeons!!
the imgur post is https://imgur.com/gallery/XNGjYbL and the person's webpage with tutorial/pattern is https://members.clubcrochet.com/lessons/pigeon-birb-amigurumi/ and the first listed feature of this pattern on the imgur post is delightful:
- They poop! I have a long string that comes out of their bum to make them 'pooping'.
If you have a little spare cash, I could use a hand. I'm not completely broke yet but I'm getting there, and my anxiety about it is getting bad enough that it's interfering with my ability to get things done.
Thank you for any help you can give, even if it's just a boost.
@lamia (A bit past morning for you, but you didn't specify morning for you or morning for the reader =P )
Republished from: https://twitter.com/konatsu_tunacan/status/1326448909166632962
I stayed awake all through the work day!
(This is reason for celebration because it hasn't happened very often since I got really sick in March. I've been making it through most of the day, taking a nap, and then logging back into work. But I think I'm at the point where I can try to push through on more days.)
https://crochet.craftgossip.com/how-to-crochet-stitches-cross-stitch/ Cross Stitch but not CrossStitch. It's Crochet.
i'm a huge sucker for silly personality quizzes, and this one from cornell ornithologists scratches the itch very well
Current Mood: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Can we just fast forward 48 hours so I know if I need to be marching somewhere or can relax (slightly) knowing that there is a glimmer of hope and a return to science next year?
I received notice that my ballot has been received and will be counted. But, damn, we need sweeping voting reform over the next few years. All this shitfuckery should not be happening.
Protip: If you think that letting everyone vote means your candidate is in danger of losing, maybe it means your candidate IS A LOSER.
I need an accountability buddy!?
I'm trying to make things better in my life. And true to past attempts, I start off strong and then it all falls apart.
I would love to find someone to... I don't even know.
I just know that having a checklist of things I want to do isn't enough to keep me motivated through a month. And I've tried that method a lot. I would like things to move in a better direction.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!