asking for help, $
"Who won the women's world cup ?
- America ❌
- Netherlands ❌
- lesbians ✅"
i don't want to be a downer, but cw-ing your lewd posts is just as important as cw-ing anything else. lewd/sexual content is something folks should be able to opt-in to, not something they see no matter what. you don't know who might be a survivor, you don't know who might be ace, please be considerate!
CTA ATTENTION ALL FEDIVERSE ADMINS:
On July 4th Gab is coming on to the Fediverse by switching over to Mastodon on their servers.
This means that you can shut the door on them today by preemptively have them fully suspended from your instances. So your users do not have risk getting harassed by any of their users, and they from the start be blocked off from major portions of the Fediverse.
Thank you for your consideration and
So a person in the fediverse made the thinking error that climate activism hurts the Third World. Let me explain in a few quick points why that this utter bullshit:
- the term Third World is a imperialist term from the Cold War.
- poorer countries , so called undeveloped countries or periphery countries (or whatever you want to call them), will be impacted the most by #climateChange! They already are!
- those countries are indeed negatively impacted by unfair climate policies from government leaders (NOT activists).
- This doesn't mean that those countries should have the right to continue CO² emissions, but that so called developed countries should help these countries with their energy transition, especially cause the developed countries (the West) are mostly responsible for climate change.
- most climate activists are very aware about these facts. That's why activists talk about #ClimateJustice! Especially radical activists (like me) are fully aware that climate change is racist!
- So don't frame climate activists that they serve the Western elites! It's the opposite!
@firstname.lastname@example.org I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as New Coke, is in fact, GNU/Coke, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Coke. Coke is not a soft drink unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU beverage made useful by the GNU ingredients, mixing techniques and vital bottling technologies comprising a full soft drink as defined by COLIX.
(likewise, initiatives like uTensor, TensorFlow Lite, etc. seem to almost always be about easing "deployment" to devices in order to make "inference" faster— they're never about making it faster/easier to train your own models. anecdotally it feels like over the past 3–4 years, people have stopped even pretending that training a ML model can be done by someone without specialized training and specialized hardware—"democratizing" demos/tutorials are all about using pre-trained models now)
Firefox admits they will eventually be sending all of your DNS to Cloudflare. Cloudflare will monetize your internet browsing, no matter how much their PR people say they are.
If you want to disable that, go to "about:config", and set "network.trr.mode" to 5.
The values are: 0 - default off, 1 - race, 2 TRR first, 3 TRR only, 4 shadow, 5 off by choice
Global politics. Internet Archive. Terrorism.
The french government issues 500 takedown notices to the internet archive, claiming that large portions of the archive (which are otherwise perfectly legal) are "terrorist content" including Project Gutenberg, the Prelinger Archive, the Grateful dead collection, and some CSPAN archive.
Are you a french person? Will you complain to your government?
Elekk is a Mastodon instance by gamers, for gamers. Games of any type are welcome here - computer, video, tabletop, etc. - as well as game development of any kind. GAMERGATE AND THE ALT-RIGHT ARE NOT WELCOME HERE. Elekk is not hosted in the EU and does not recognize the authority of the EU to govern the internet.